Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer's Farewell

Why must summer leave so quickly??
Not that I'll really miss the heat but rather the extra free time I get to work on projects. Actually I will be glad for the cooling that comes with fall, maybe I will actually be able to wear some of the cold weather things I have been making. That brings me to my latest finished project another shawl! I used the pattern 198 Yards of Heaven by Christy Verity, but I used four balls of yarn to make it bigger. It was made with Noro Chirimen in the green colorway.
I love the way it turned out.
Plus I had a little bit left-over, which is always nice,and guess what I made?

Ta-Da!!!
A headband!
It is from another free pattern called Tangled by Emily McLaughlin.
Click here to visit her blog, EmmyBear, and get the pattern.

I finished it in only two days, working on it on and off, yesterday and today.

This is Sheila "helping" me finish the headband, as she often does.

I love how peacful and sweet she looks like this :)

Then wam-oh!!
Oh no, watch out yarn!
You are her prey!!!!
I spent this afternoon cooking up some little treatsies for Jessica, so first up I made some chocolate covered strawberries. One of her favorites, of course.
Then I made some meltaway cookies, which she also loves but really we all love them.
I have been working on sewing up some pot-holders and other bits as well, trying but failing to forget today is the last day of summer...


Oh well, here's to a grand fall of new beginnings, new classes, and new-found friends!

XOXO, Callie

2 comments:

mariassecretgarden said...

Love the new shawl! Headband is fab, maybe you could were it another way like a hippie...just a thought. Love the green. Love it love it love it!

CriCri said...

Hello!!
I love your handmade-creations and your cat!

Bye
Cristina

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin