Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Granny Goodness

I have been dreaming of making a crocheted quilt-blanket-afghan-call it what you will.
Either way, I finally decided to do something about it.
I am making it from the book Gooseberry Patch Christmas All Through the House by Gooseberry Patch. The book says to use scraps but I chose to use Crystal Palace's Mochi Plus. I had a little left over after making this project, and loved the way it turned out. I also chose to do that since it is self-striping and I really don't enjoy weaving in all those ends otherwise.


I've just been getting a ball every once in a while... and so far have made 15.
Only 110 more to go!

Depending on how I am feeling when I have been crocheting it seems that my gauge is really loose, really tight or just right. This has resulted in three different sized hexagons. Rather than try and get all the same gauge all the time I thought it might be neat to do lots of different sizes of hexagons.

( Like in the blanket below. )
My hope is that it will look neat with all the different sizes.

I've always loved this blanket too, and want to make it someday.
The pattern is called Babette Blanket available from the Interweave Store.
Happy Wednesday!
XOXO, Callie
the magical bean

1 comment:

mariassecretgarden said...

Well the colors are fabulous! Can't wait to see how it looks when its all done!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin