Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Linen Book

I was shocked and so pleased to find this book at an estate sale one Saturday afternoon. I could hardly believe my luck that no one had picked it up yet. I even gasped somewhat and looked around in disbelief... (I also found some records of the Great Hits Big Band era in mint condition!)
The illustrations inside are so great! Not to mention that it is made of linen (surprisingly I didn't know books had been made of linen at one point), but it is also from 1895. Something about it caught my attention.
See the 'm' for 'mug and mouse'.
Little owls!!
What more can I say? :)

The last page the writing is intelligible...

Zebra.
How great is that rooster?
Faded and lovely.
So... sorry for the unannounced break but school just started again and I am having to get back into the swing of things. Not too sure what to expect from my courses.
So far so good anyways.
Hope your day is full of happiness,
Callie
the magical bean
(P.S. I've been loving listening to The Band Perry's song IF I Die Young, while with Kaitlyn (we both love country music)! Hope you enjoy.)

1 comment:

mariassecretgarden said...

Books are the best finds! I love the illustrations from times gone by...The verbage was quite intersting too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin