Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bluebonnets Abound

My mom and two sisters Kaitlyn and Jessica went to Roundtop Texas three weekends ago for the Marburger/Warrenton Antique Fair. It was a long trip but a good one nonetheless.
I unfortunately totally blanked about taking pictures of the actual event, however along the way back while driving through a small town which I can't remember the name of...sheesh...we spotted a whole cemetery full of bluebonnets.
It was so beautiful yet kind of eerie.
They were everywhere it seemed.

This statue was so stoic, I actually walked halfway through just to take a photo of it :)


This is actually my favorite time to be in Texas as all the wildflowers are blooming. It is such a treat seeing all the colors along the highway and in people's yards.
Bluebonnets are so lovely don't you think?
I am not a real huge fan of being in cemetarys, it feels kind of strange to me to be so close to all the graves especially since these seemed to be rather uncared for, so I made sure I left it rather quick.

I have been very busy with some serious spring cleaning in my room. It has been sort of slow going but so far it is making me happy to see it cleaner! Hopefully this cleaner room will mean a more productive atmosphere to create in. I am really looking forward to showing you the finished product! Anyways, I have a test to study for tomorrow so I better get to it :)
XOXO, Callie
the magical bean

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cool! My favorite time of year in Texas! Mom

Mariella said...

Those lil' wildflowers are super pretty. I love that blue color. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin