Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Talented Mom






Gasp!! How could I have never posted about my mom's quilting skills before?? It seems impossible but don't worry I'll remedy that right away.... ;)

My mom is an amazing seamstress. She can sew up a quilt like no body's business and it is her that I always turn to when I have a question about sewing. She made this beautiful quilt shown above from material she bought at the International Quilt Festival in Houston this year. And yes that is her peeking out from the quilt in the top photo. She is rather silly isn't she? I am so proud to call her my mom. She is the person who taught me how to sew and so many other things in life. Love you mom!!

What has your mom taught you that makes you feel especially proud?

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hey, I love your blog! I just found it on the Dorset Cereal Little Blog Awards :-)

Unfortunately I didn't inherit my Mum's sewing skills, but she has taught me to be self-sufficient and independant - a valuable lesson!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin