Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Honesty Award Challenge

JessicaLeighLaLou was kind enough to give me this award challenge! I have to come up with 10 honesties. So here we go!


1. My room is practically a kitty's heaven... it has yarn busting out from place to place, colored pencils, and many other art supplies my kitty Sheila likes to bat around or CHEW! Which leaves us in a love- hate relationship since I love her company but hate that she is ALWAYS trying to destroy everything in my room.


2. I fold origami paper cranes without even thinking. I've come to the place where I am now folding them from gum wrappers, scraps of paper, or even magazine subscription cards. :)


3. As a young child I used to come up with different names for myself.. one day I was Rainbow, the next I was Strawberry, etc. My parents would call me and say "Callie" and I would respond indignantly, "My name's not Callie it's Strawberry", or whatever name I had for the day.


4. I'm constantly mixing up words when speaking at any time... My mouth doesn't seem to catch up with my mind which results in totally bizarre words and sentences. Once on accident after becoming very frustrated with my brother, I tried to say "You make me angry!" but instead said "You make me a lot of angry!". They never let me live that down.


5. I have really pale skin and burn way to easily. But never tan mind you! Nope-I freckle. One time while putting on sunscreen before soccer practice my teammate asked if she could use mine. I said sure and handed it to her, she took one look at it and said "SPF 35?!! That's for vampires, forget it. I only ever use SPF 10." and immediately handed it back to me...Needless to say we weren't friends.


6. I learned Spanish in high school and was lucky enough to go on a class trip to Spain, since we were so close to it. I loved Spain and after not speaking much Spanish for a year here took another class to remember it. Mantequilla de cacahuate is my favorite Spanish word meaning Peanut Butter.


7. I almost always wear mismatched socks, my favorite being the stripey ones with the polka dots. I don't really like white socks that much, they bore me and get dirty way too easy. Nope color all the way for me.

8. When I first saw "lol" written on a note someone gave me I thought for sure that people were saying it as one word. I sure thought it was strange that people kept writing lol. I had no idea that it actually meant "laugh out loud" until my older sister told me one day after about a year of thinking people were just saying gibberish to me.
9. I draw starting in one area and work on it until it is finished then go to the next area of the page finish it and move on and so on... Sketching out a drawing before hand was something totally alien to me until my teacher in high school made me make one. This just ended up as a strange scribble which was totally unreadable to anyone but me. My teacher told me that I was the only one he'd ever seen draw like that.
10.I first learned to knit using chopsticks. Yes, chopsticks. This made it kind of hard since the stitches kept slipping off but I kept at it until I kind of had a scarf looking thing.

2 comments:

JessicaLeighLaLou said...

Oh my goodness I love this post! I cracked up at the part about "lol" and the sunscreen! And so many others! Cute post. :D

Anonymous said...

Too cute! You sound like my best friend. Thanks for sharing ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin