Friday, October 22, 2010

Yarn Crawl 2010

So one word to describe the Yarn Crawl this year is--fun! It was a blast, really. My mom, Kaitlyn, Jessica and I planned it a little bit differently this year, separating up the shops into different days. Last year we did everything on one day... a little too much looking back. The first shop we went to was Nan's Needle works in Horseshoe Bay. We hadn't been to it before and I was really surprised how nice it was. The shop was located in a business center on the second floor but was worth the search. I found the most beautiful yarn that the owner, Cari Kojak, dyes herself. It is 100% silk and I don't know if I've ever been so smitten with a yarn right from the get go before. It's soft, oh so soft, and I just love the colors.


All in all I went to nine shops!
This years passport and bag were bright orange! Of course that made me very happy.

I really think this years free yarn was so great. I seemed to be drawn to the same colors though, as you can tell, greens, blues, and purples.

I got several great free patterns to accompany the yarn but somehow forgot to photograph them. Drat!

I visited Hill Country Weavers, Gauge, Nan's Needle Works, The Tinsmith's Wife, Rosewood Yarns, Yarnivore, Yarn Barn, Stonehill Spinning, and the Knitting Nest. I really treasured going by my favorite store in Comfort, The Tinsmith's Wife.

This is the second thing I bought this year: orange Silky Alpaca lace yarn from Classic Elite. I got it at Rosewood Yarns in Boerne.
I only bought four skeins this year! How's that for self-restraint?!? :)

Honestly, I almost didn't do the crawl this year, since I am making a huge effort to save more and more. So far it has been good, and I have been avoiding going to places I know will tempt me to spend, but this was the first time in a long time I have splurged a little.
I know I said this would be posted last Monday, but I spent the last week looking all over the house for a mysteriously misplaced camera cord that ended up being hidden under one of my quilts. No idea how it got there...
I just now found it last night.


So it is albeit late :)

Forgive me?

XOXO, Callie

the magical bean

2 comments:

mariassecretgarden said...

The yarn crawl was so fun!!! Love the new shop in Horse Shoe Bay! and of course my favorite The Tinsmiths wife!

Kaitlyn said...

what pretty yarn. ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin