Sunday, October 17, 2010

Yarn Crawl 2010+ Lake House Adventure

Last weekend two very joyous occasions happened. The first was a little family vacation, and the second was the Best Little Yarn Crawl in Texas. It was my second year in a row, if you recall, doing the crawl and boy this year was a blast as well!
The trip began on Friday when my mom, dad, Michael and I went on our merry way up to our families lake house.
We did some fishing, and overall just spent time together. In the cabin, I did some reading and worked on various drawings. We separated out time for the yarn crawl, all in all I went to nine shops all over the hill country.

I will tell you some more about what exactly happened on the crawl tomorrow.
Can't wait!
This lake was just so pretty.

I might have taken a 'few' photos of it. :)
We sat on the benches together and my mom scrap booked, my sister's read magazines and I knitted for a bit.
It was very pleasant.
I found several good free books at the local V.A. thrift store that I read a bit.








Here's my brother in the early morning light getting ready for the day!
Sipping some hot cocoa, of course.These are some views from the road, there are still so many wildflowers out and about. It really brightens up the roads.





All in all a splendid trip, one worth remembering.

Did you do anything fun on Columbus day Weekend?

XOXO, Callie

the magical bean

1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

pretttyyyy pictures. This was a fun trip. <3

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin