Friday, February 26, 2010

Pretty As A Peacock Doll

Well, here is my newest creation, actually made last week before my sewing machine acted up on Sunday...so as you can see it is a peacock.
Of course it is not your ordinary peacock, instead it has bright rainbow colors on its tail, huge golden talons, and little buttons as accents.
The tail took the longest to make, both the cutting of the individual feathers, and the handsewing of it...but it was well worth it in the end!
Below is the underside of the tail.
A close up of his face.
He loves the camera!
I accidently made one leg too long and so as elegant as he appears, if he is not positioned exactly right, he looks as if he is making a side- stepping- dance- move.
hee hee :)
Look into my eyes
Here he is looking down.
Well as you can see, this doll was quite time consuming, and when my sister Kaitlyn of My Baloney walked in on me making it, she just laughed at me. I' m not sure why of course, but maybe it had something to do with the fact that I was still in my pjs at 4:00 in the afternoon(having worked on it since 11:00 that morning), had pieces of felt strewn all over my room, had multiple bins out, every color of thread out in front of me, multiple pieces of material out in front of me-in order to choose the perfect piece for the underside of course, as well as bits of miscellanous crafting supplies like scissors, glue, and so on....
Anyhow, my little peacock is in desperate need of a name.
Have any suggestions???
Happy weekend!
XOXO,
Callie
the magical bean

4 comments:

carly mary said...

brilliant!

Annie @ Wattlebird said...

That is really beautiful. Looks like it took a lot of work, but it came out looking really great!

JessicaLeighLaLou said...

hehehe! he's adorable! :D You should name him 'Philip' (only pronounced with a French accent though..)

Anonymous said...

he looks slightly startled, maybe its because hes just been created, i like the fact that does a side step, he a street peacock

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin