Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pen Me a Poem Mr. Keats


When I Have Fears That I May Cease To Be

by John Keats


When I have fears that I may cease to be

Before my pen has glean'd my teeming brain,

Before high-piled books, in charactery,

Hold like rich garners the full ripen'd grain;

When I behold, upon the night's starr'd face,

Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,

And think that I may never live to trace

Their shadows, with the magic hand of chance;

And when I feel, fair creature of an hour,

That I shall never look upon thee more,

Never have relish in the faery power

Of unreflecting love;--then on the shore

Of the wide world I stand alone, and think

Till love and fame to nothingness do sink

1 comment:

JessicaLeighLaLou said...

This is a truly lovely poem! :) Wonderful post.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin