Sunday, July 10, 2011

Attacken of the Kraken

One day I got the idea to make a little kraken.

Of course, it had to be pink :).

This little guy makes me so happy! Now I can whip him out and say quite loudly “RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!”…


What more can a girl ask for?


He is my first knitted amigurumi. It was much easier than I had thought, but somewhat fiddly at first. I only used DPNs simply because I felt like it. I decided to make him out of sock yarn, put pipe cleaners in his tentacles, did felt for his eyes instead of yarn, and loved every minute of making him.

He is quite the little chef.

This was made with the Kraken pattern from the book Amigurumi Knits: Patterns for 20 Cute Mini Knits by Hansi Singh.



This song, With the Dark by They Might Be Giants, has a little squid as one of the characters. Thus making it one of my favorites :)




Have a great Sunday!

Callie

P.S. It's good to be back!
1. A Happy New Year from Mr. Squid, 2. VIDEO: Mr. Squid's Handmade Moment, 3. Red Devil LEGO Mosaic, 4. Stitched Science: Plarchie and the Plug, 5. squid4concep-flik, 6. Confused, 7. Squid , 8. Giant Stitched Squid – Darwin and the giant stitched squid, 9. What a Catch ACEO Collage, 10. Red Devilment, 11. A really giant giant squid, 12. Squid, 13. CephaloPod., 14. dream about the sea, 15. Laughing Squid Photo by Brian McCarty, 16. Squid #0524

2 comments:

marias secret garden said...

WoW! I love the kraken! A pink squid who'd have thought!!??

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

eeek!! Rocking the pink. Love the tenticles great work :-} Lorraine

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin