Friday, September 11, 2009

Little Hedgehog Print





This is another new print I just added to the shop! This little hedgehog is one of my favorite's that I have done in a long time... I love his little dreamy look.
As for the inchworm...when I was little I was literally obsessed with inchworms and caterpillars. I would hunt them out and love the feel of them crawling on my skin. I wanted to be the size of them and explore the inner workings of trees and see how tall grass would look at that size. I would fill pages of drawings with them and even once had an inchworm inspired cake. This little inchworm is much like the ones I used to imagine with his outrageous little boots and rainbow colored body, he almost seems to walk out of my childhood dreams.
The print measures 8 1/2 by 11 inches with a small white border for framing.
Drawing was done in black ink and then colored in with colored pencils.

2 comments:

JessicaLeighLaLou said...

Cuteness!! I love hedgehogs. Nice job sister, your new additions to your shop just WOW me. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I too was in love with inchworms and I adore hedgehogs! Such great illustrations. I hope you sell some soon!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin